Right before the Thanksgiving holiday, APhA Operation Self Care and NCPA tabled at the Busch Student Center to teach students and guests how they can stay healthy during the holiday season. With some fun and interactive games, participants were able to win snacks and awesome prizes.
If you were wondering how to stay healthy, consider the following tips:
- Stay active! Don’t just sit and watch football, but consider playing your own game of catch outside.
- Avoid the gravy because it’s often loaded with sodium and can aggravate heartburn.
- Try not to drink your calories. There can be a lot of hidden calories and sugar in both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages.
- Skip the seconds. Leftovers can be as delicious the next day!
- Remember, everything in moderation!
Have a safe and healthy Thanksgiving!