In collaboration with the Rutgers University Student Assembly, we have invited a panel of key healthcare professionals and policymakers for an Opioid Epidemic Town Hall to shed light on this issue in PH-130 at the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy.
We hope to use this town hall to hear what our elected officials and healthcare professionals are doing to mitigate drug abuse and addiction, to educate the student body on how professionals diagnose, treat, and support individuals, and to show how students can take action. After hearing our speakers, we will open the floor to solicit questions from the student body.
The panel will consist of:
– Governor Phil Murphy (tentative)
– Dr. Shareef ElNahal, NJ Health Commissioner (tentative)
– Dr. Robert Eilers, NJ DOH Public Health Official
– Dr. Calvin Chatlos, RWJBarnabas Health OORP
– Dr. Patrick Bridgeman, RWJ Clinical Pharmacist
– Dr. Grant Wei, RWJ Emergency Medical Physician
– Keith Murphy, Rutgers Recovery House Counselor
– Recovering Student Addict from the Rutgers Recovery House
Please RSVP below as there are only 150 slots open: